How Does the agency select Nannies?
All of the Nannies are interviewed face to face, and no charges are made to Nannies for seeking work with Huddersfield and Holmfirth Nannies.
I only select Nannies onto the register if they have:
· Proof they have the right to work in the United Kingdom e.g. a valid U.K. work permit/visa if non-European.
· Confirmation of identification and address: two of the following original documents, with at least one showing a photograph, are always seen.
- Current passport
- Current full U.K. driving licence
- Utility bill (recent)
- Bank statement (recent)
- Birth certificate
· Minimum of two years experience working in a childcare environment and/or suitable childcare qualification.
· Minimum of two references from previous employers (one of which must be the present/last employer) and/or college.
· Current DBS check (formerly known as a CRB check).
If an applicant does not have an original enhanced DBS check that has been carried out in the last 12 months, the agency will provide the applicant with the relevant forms and request that a disclosure is applied for.
Refusal to apply for a Enhanced DBS check will mean that the agency will no longer be able to assist in finding a position as a nanny through the agency.
Huddersfield and Holmfirth Nannies complies fully with the DBS Code of Practice and with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 and other relevant legislation pertaining to the safe handling, use, storage, retention and disposal of Disclosure information.
Huddersfield and Holmfirth Nannies has written policies on the matters of the handling of disclosure information and the recruitment of ex-offenders. Both of these policies are available to those who wish to see it on request.
Our Confidentiality Policy
Huddersfield and Holmfirth Nannies will only collect your personal information for the purposes of introducing Nannies to families. The information will be treated as confidential and will not be used for any other purpose, or released to any other parties.
Our Equal Opportunities Policy
Huddersfield and Holmfirth Nannies will not discriminate against any person due to their disability, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Our Complaints Policy and Procedure
While Huddersfield and Holmfirth Nannies is dedicated to providing an excellent service to all, we are aware that there may be very few occasions when there may be cause for complaint. If you are not happy with the service provided, we ask that you let us know so that we can resolve any problems as quickly as possible.
If you should feel that you have cause for complaint I ask that you:
· Contact me by telephone in the first instance. I will treat your concerns seriously and do my best to resolve the situation.
· If you are not satisfied with the response please submit a letter in writing to the agency. The complaint will be investigated, and a written response will be sent within 10 working days. I will always respect your confidentiality.
· In the unlikely situation that the complaint has still not been resolved satisfactorily, complaints may be directed to
Employment Agency Standards Inspectorate
Department of Trade and Industry (UG65)
1 Victoria Street
Helpline: 0845 955 5105
International: +44 20 7215 5980
Fax: 020 7215 2636